Did you know that the #2 cause of residential fires in Canada from 2011-2015 were due to electrical mishaps? That’s right! Dangerous habits, like overloading circuits, misusing extension cords, and installing too high wattage bulb in your lighting fixtures, is second only to cooking as the cause of residential fires.
That’s why Celebrity Contractor and All-Round Good Guy, Mike Holmes, is teaming up with Eaton to celebrate #FirePreventionWeek with another #ETNHolmesChatSafety Twitter Party! Join Mike (@Make_It_Right) as he talks fire prevention and electrical safety with Eaton (@ETN_Electrical) WEDNESDAY October 11th, 2017 at 7pm EST!
Bring your electrical safety questions (and stories) and join us for the #ETNHolmesChatSafety Twitter Party on Wednesday October 11th at 7pm EST as we discuss:
- Simple steps you can take to prevent electrical hazards in your home
- Warning signs that you should bring in an electrician
- How to prepare for the holidays SAFELY
- Home maintenance steps to prevent house fires
- How to create a fire emergency escape plan!
Eaton has put together FIVE (5) DIY-er prize packs containing Carthart t-shirts (2 short sleeve, 3 long sleeve), golf ball sleeve, USB charger, AFCI device, Rtic Lowball cup, battery charger for mobile phone, and caribiner with knife/multitool valued at $119 each to be given away during the chat.*
All you have to do to enter is RVSP using the link below and participate in the chat on Wednesday October 11th at 7pm EST using the #ETNHolmesChatSafety hashtag (read this for tips on how to set-up your TweetDeck for a chat). You must be present and tweeting using the #ETNHolmesChatSafety hashtag at the time of the prize draw.
* No purchase necessary. Winners must be a Canadian resident (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory. RSVP winners will be selected using Random.org from the people who RSVP below and participate in the Twitter chat held October 11th, 2017 between 7:00pm and 8:00pm EST using the #ETNHolmesChatSafety hashtag. Prize draw winners will be selected based on the first correct response using the #ETNHolmesChatSafety hashtag. Should that winner not be eligible to claim the prize, the next eligible submission will be selected. The prize cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash. Limit one prize per participant.
To be eligible for the random prize draw during the #ETNHolmesChatSafety Twitter Chat scheduled for Wednesday, October 11th at 7pm EST, please enter your Twitter name “@YourTwitterName” in the Name field and your Twitter URL “www.twitter.com/YourTwitterName” in the URL Field.
Follow this example: